Today I want to talk about this primer I got a few months ago. I had plenty of time to test it and I think there is 1/4 left now.
My anticipation was quite high since this primer is very expensive (for me at least) as a primer. At the price of 38 EURO (52 USD) you just expect something great.
What they say about this primer on lauramercier.com:
Nourishes skin with a moisture-rich vitamin formula to soothe and refresh, while conditioning the skin. Meant to be used prior to foundation, creating an invisible layer that acts as a buffer to outside elements. Leaves makeup looking fresh & colour-true the entire day.
- Specifically created for dehydrated and/or aging skin
- Nourishes the skin with a moisture-rich vitamin formula to soothe and refresh while conditioning the skin
- Holds water in the skin throughout the day, preventing it from evaporating
- Vitamins A, C and E act as antioxidants and protect the skin from harmful, aging effects of the environment
- Use alone without foundation to increase skin's brightness, luster and texture
- Cooling Foundation Primer - Hydrating in the refrigerator is refreshing for the skin & reduces puffiness
I had 2 expectations:
- hydrating/refreshing my skin and creating a layer to protect my skin from daily make-up
- let make-up stay all day
This primer fulfilles my first expectation. Make-up goes on smoothly after applying this primer on my whole face. The formula is very light so that was a good point as well. Also it gives your face a little glow, which might be good for more aged skin.
After some time of using this primer I couldn't stop the thought in my mind coming up again and again that I could use a much cheaper/better moisturizer as a primer as well, since the effect was the same.
Does make-up actually stay on my face better with this primer?
If I'm positive then I would say maybe a little bit better. I can't say for sure because the difference was too small to notice clearly.
My resolution is that this primer is just not good enough for me to rebuy it. It is too expensive for the result it is giving. A key function for a primer for me is to let make up stay all day or for a long time through the day, which this primer does not do.
I think next time I would like to try a green based primer to fight the redness on my face that comes from time to time.
Which one is your favourite primer? Do you use any?